Sunday 22 January 2017

January 22, 2017


This little tree was finished yesterday afternoon before friends descended on our house for a potluck last night. This one is the last of my tree series and now I will move on to stitching either mittens or bulbs. I am not yet inspired to do the finishing work for all of these pieces that I have been stitching, but that will have to start soon to make a dent in my craft supplies as part of my de-cluttering efforts. The potluck is part of my continuing efforts to meet our neighbours and to spend time with the friends we have made here. Our community is so transient that we have had three neighbours in the house beside us in the two years that we have lived here! We invite people in every couple of months to enjoy some good food (last night, we served up a huge pot of chili) and to hang out with some lovely people. The chili pot was almost empty and we fell into bed some time after midnight after the last guests left. All in all, a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment