Tuesday 24 January 2017

January 24, 2017


My next series of six ornaments is mittens. I saw some beautifully stitched and finished mitten ornaments on a tree in a local doctors' office and have been mulling them over in the back of my mind as I stitch away. This pattern is from pinterest. I am using 14 count Aida cloth (brand long forgotten) because I hate this stuff and want to use it up with mitten patterns where the fabric will not show. Maybe "hate" may be a bit strong of an emotion to be expressed towards a fabric although I really dislike the finished look of projects done on 14 count Aida. Personal preference, I suppose. This pattern took a few evenings as I have been fighting off a virus of some sort with some vague, yet annoying, symptoms and we were invited out this evening for dinner at a friends' home. 

For the finishing, I am considering ironing interfacing onto the back, cutting out a mitten shape in felt and attaching the two pieces together. You know, for whenever I get around to doing the finishing work. Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment