Sunday 15 January 2017

January 14, 2017


Sorry for the craptastic photo taken with my webcam. My cell phone ran out of juice earlier and I could not be arsed to charge it just yet. Most of my day was spent in bed, doped up on muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatories to release a huge knot at the base of my neck that triggered a migraine. My evening was spent on the couch with a hot water bottle on my shoulder to release the remnants of the knot. It was beginning to look like no stitching was going to get done today at all as I limped back to feeling normal and human again. Around 10pm, I pulled out my needle and thread to stitch up this little cutie from my recent obsession for patterns, pinterest. If you click over to the pattern, you will see that I made one small modification by adding a brown stump at the bottom. The piece just seemed a bit incomplete and unbalanced to me as well as maybe not being as obvious as I had thought that it was a Christmas tree. The stump completes the tree for me.

My current plan is to stitch in groups of six. So far, there have been the 6 filigree snowflakes (and ornament) and now I will stitch 6 trees before stitching 6 mittens and 6 ornament balls. Why the rush to stitch Christmas ornaments when Christmas has just passed? Well, there is a strong chance that we will be posted to another base this year so a good part of my time will be taken up with moving, getting established in a new town and getting licensed in another province to start a new job there. Also, I am slowly starting to de-clutter our house and using up my stash is one way to de-clutter. Having many of my Christmas gifts done early will be a bonus, as long as the movers do not lose them for us during the move!!

No comments:

Post a Comment