Sunday 4 June 2017

June 4/17

We were away to Halifax on Friday night to visit with my brother and his girlfriend so naturally no stitching was done that night while we enjoyed supper at a seaside restaurant and watched a wonderful movie , "A Monster Calls". I did get some stitching in last night and this picture shows where I ended up. The lovely Maggie was resting nearby as I picked up my needle and thread this lazy Sunday afternoon.


Here is where I ended up this evening:

I considered pushing on and completing the bib tonight, but I am just too tired to do so. We have had a busy few weeks with friends visiting or dropping over and our jaunt to Halifax to run errands and to stay over with my brother. Even today as a lazy day found us on the lawn of a local park listening to the base concert band and being entertained by the children who were wandering around the audience with their super hero swords and dogs. I also helped one of my neighbours make some decisions about her flower beds. Our housing organization allows us to put in flower beds as long as they are not huge or in the way once we move out. My neighbour gave me a piece of a bleeding heart that I planted alongside some lilies and irises that I found while out walking Maggie. Those flowers were planted over our two dear kitties, Leila and Penelope, who have passed away since we moved into this house, or PMQ (Private Married/Military Quarters) as we call these houses. Anyhoo, I am going to finish watching a documentary on Prince Philip before heading up to bed.

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment