Monday 26 June 2017

June 25/17

After a lazy Sunday morning and a trip to Wolfville to check out the Botanical Gardens, I settled in to stitch this evening. The heat and sun beating down on me while we were walking around Wolfville this afternoon has given me a bit of a headache, but I managed to make some progress on the sea horses. I am missing 3 or 4 of the colours so I will have to make a trip to our local craft store to pick up those skeins because it is becoming a bit of a pain to stitch around those areas. 


There was a moment of panic earlier when I realized that the pattern called for a 13x13 piece of 18 count and I have a 14x14 piece of 14 count. Fortunately, it looks like the design should just barely fit on this panel. Good gravy, one would think that after almost 30 years of cross stitching, I would have remembered to double check the count of both the design and the fabric.

Even though Monday is my day off, my to-do list is growing as I need to make sure that my fella' is ready to go away for the week to see his son graduate from high school and that I am ready to handle our household while he is gone. So with that, I am off to bed.

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment