Sunday 19 February 2017

February 19, 2017


This mitten was actually finished on Friday, the 17th. The lateness of the hour of the finish and our busy day yesterday prevented me from posting the picture. Here is the pinterest link. I am not 100% in love with my colour choices as the colours do not pop quite the way I had envisioned it when I was choosing the threads. The colours do work when seen with all of the other mittens which is good since I am planning to do things like hanging them in a tree arrangement on the wall or on a twig tree or displaying them in a bowl on the table.

To give you a peek in my life, yesterday involved a 3 hour shift at work, a trip to Frenchy's (a second hand clothing store chain here) to find some summer clothes for our upcoming trip to the Dominican Republic, going to a snowshoe race to cheer on some friends and attending a games night with some of the women in my neighbourhood. Today, I am about to go take the dog out so she can run and I can snow shoe on the golf course before we go to a potluck supper tonight. Making friends and making a community around me has been a challenge for this 40 something introvert. Joining the transient military lifestyle has taught me some skills in that department and I have been meeting some fantastic people on this first stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment