Sunday 1 December 2019

December 1, 2019


How is it that it is already the first of December? I have no ornaments completed, our decorations are all still in the basement and I have barely started to pull together my Christmas gifts. I feel all out of sorts this year because everything has changed and I am still adjusting. We will have a "real" tree this year with decorations and lights and family here to celebrate instead of us packing up and heading to another province. My job takes up more of my time with hours and travel time and I am still adjusting to living here in Ottawa. The adjustment is all good, don't worry. It is just the usual adjustment of a country kid moving to the city, getting used to the new environment and finding one's place in the community.

As part of finding my place in this community, I am leading a food drive for the Ottawa Food Bank as a way for us to give back to the city that has welcomed us so warmly. My job for today is to decorate three boxes to be left around the base to collect donations from people who may already be headed out on Christmas leave before we go door to door to collect the donations. Our community council here is small, but people jump in to help fill in any gaps in planning and execution so that is most helpful. Many hands make light work!

Crafting-wise, I am determined to finish this quilt today while the fella' packs to go away this week for a course and Christmas Mess dinner with his fellow linemen. This panel was my favourite as the giraffe's face popped up at my while I was doing the backstitching. Giraffes are so beautiful and I fell deeply in love with them after seeing a bub that was hours old at Monarto Zoo wobble around its doting mom. This face was adorable as the backstitching brought it out under my fingers. I have one more panel to backstitch then into the wash it goes before heading out to the intended little guy who is almost 3 months old now!

Happy Sunday and stitching to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment