Monday 2 December 2019

December 2, 2019



Hot off the hoop! "Wild Thing Quilt" designed by Julie Dobson Miner for Dimensions. Next step, washing machine to remove the dog hair, the stamped ink and, hopefully, the coffee that got spilled on the bottom left. If not, my friends love our dogs and we spent many hours chatting over coffee in our livingrooms back in Greenwood so the mess kind of sums up our friendship!

My other "craft" efforts this weekend have involved these boxes:
The boxes are going to collection points around CFSU (Ottawa) as part of a Holiday food drive being organized by the Uplands Community Council. Our two rental housing entities and our family centre have agreed to let us place boxes in their reception areas for collection of non-perishable food for the Ottawa Food Bank. I was very quickly reminded why I prefer gift bags over gift wrap as I was folding the paper around the boxes and getting tape stuck every where. Oddly, there are several cat and dog hairs stuck to the boxes as well. *looks around at the guilty parties sleeping innocently beside me* I did have lots of fun digging out the crayons we keep here for the fella's kids and colouring in the colouring contest picture. Sometimes, indulging in one's inner child is the best medicine!

My next step today is to start finishing cross stitch ornaments. I have missed the international mailing dates as usual and we need to deliver a parcel to family on Saturday as that will be the last time we see them before the New Year. The fella' left this morning for a training course this week so I can putter away without tripping over him or him asking me why I am doing whatever it is that I am muddling away with at that moment. He is not a hobbyist or crafter so he does not understand why I collect so many bits and bobs or how I can find anything in the jumble of boxes in the spare room or where the heck the random little doodad appeared from and magically pulls together whatever is in my hand.

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment