Tuesday 1 January 2019

Jan 1/19

Happy New Year! Where, oh where did the Christmas holiday season go? I begin 2019 with lots of ideas, plans and peace. There may also be some exhaustion after a busy month at work and lots of fun with family and friends. Migraines are ever present because of the constantly fluctuating weather here, thanks to the Gulf Stream, so we missed a few parties and I struggled to get things done in time (2 Christmas parcels have yet to make it to the post office!). I am not a Christmas perfectionist and my mantra is "the 25th will come whether I am ready or not". I had time with family and friends and that is all that matters to me.

On the crafting side, my mother asked me on Christmas morning if I wanted to make a blanket. I said no. I am not convinced that her hearing aids are working well because she immediately went downstairs and dug out two pieces of fleece. Arguing was not going to get me anywhere so I sighed and went to help her because it was do it then or that evening after the family dinner. She then announced that she was going to take a shower after she handed me the tools. While she showered, I measured, calculated and trimmed the fleece to size and started to cut the edges so that they could be tied together. Mom returned in time to help tie the blanket together. My brother had better love this blanket when he gets it for his birthday in a few weeks!


Recent road trips have allowed me to knit up several dish cloths. I have spent about 15 hours as a passenger in the car in the past week so I took advantage of that time to knit away. Ron thinks that I am nuts, but I think that I have a chance at selling these as I have been looking online at local markets to see what other people are selling and at what price. My colours and pattern are different so I think that there is some appeal in that. Perhaps I should do a little testing with trying to sell them online myself before signing up for any craft sales this year. I would love feedback from my readers about selling handmade items, if you sell your items.


I have decided to do a rotation of crafts. Last week was knitting week, this week is cross stitch week and next week will be pattern development for another idea that I have as well as selling some more of my patterns. By focusing on one thing at a time, I feel less scattered or frantic because that is how my brain works when I make of list of things to be done. Giving each thing a time of its own is making it easier for me so far.

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, before Christmas! That's how far behind I am LOL
    I did attempt to sell some cross stitch once but you really can't make any money out of it. Knitted goods fare better because it takes much less time to make them.
    My advice would be to package them attractively, maybe fold them like fancy napkins? Put a ribbon round?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback! I am really just looking to make some fun money. Your suggestions about packaging are food for thought. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete