Sunday 16 December 2018

Dec 16/18

My current obsession is the knitting of dish cloths. These ones are being knit up with Lily's Sugar and Cream Vineyard Twists. I have given some of the Christmas coloured ones away as Christmas gifts to neighbours and friends and I am trying to decide what to do with these ones. I may try my hand at selling them at a craft sale or online or I may keep them for those moments when I need to quickly find a gift for some occasion. I am considering some other ideas for possible selling of crafted items and I have even come up with the perfect business name for me! The business name is still floating around in my head, but the moment I thought of it was a BINGO moment for me. The thing is though, I feel paralyzed by the thought of putting my work out there on the market. Giving it away is one thing, but asking for money, for the worth of my handiwork is scary. How do you do it? What drives you to sell your items?


My phone photography is not great and here is a close up attempt to show the lovely colours in this twisted yarn.


I like to do seasonal displays on our front step. This is our current display. The chair has seen better days and was found on the side of the road during a Spring clean up. The frame was found on the side of the road during the recent Fall clean up and decorated with a recycled ribbon clump and some plastic bulbs. Cheap and cheerful for the holiday season!


Happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. I’m so behind on my reader! You’ve done some awesome projects lately! I love the Christmas ornaments and these dishcloths are wonderful. I’ve never sold anything I’ve made. I think if I did then my hobby (I do for relaxation) would then become work and I don’t want that. Your stitching and knitting is definitely sell-worthy though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback! I hope that you are doing well.

      Delete