Sunday 20 January 2019

Jan 20/19

The dish cloth adventure continues on my knitting needles. The fella' just shakes his head as the pile grows beside me in the livingroom. I do not really have a selling strategy just yet although one of my girlfriends saw me knitting them at book group and she is going to buy some because she loves homemade dish cloths. I have been monitoring online sales groups to see what other people are using for pricing and I have a pricing strategy in my head. The patterns are made up by me so that is one angle that I hope to promote because my cloths are not like everyone's cloths. Also, I am making them a little bit bigger than the current popular patterns because the fella' wanted a slightly larger cloth. My camera settings need some tweaking to better photograph the twists of colour in the yarn that I am using because it is hard to tell that the top two cloths are red, green and white and the bottom one is red, navy and white. 


A messy weather system of snow and heavy rain has churned up the Eastern Seaboard and we have been getting heavy precipitation for over 12 hours now. We have had 15cm of snow followed by ice pellets, freezing rain and now rain. The lawn is bare again and houses are started to flood because the ground is frozen. Since I was housebound today, I figured it was a good day to paint this cute little bench that my mother gave to me a few years ago. This piece is the first of 3 pine pieces that I want to paint. Another one is peeking in the left corner of this photo. Chalk paint goes on so easily with good coverage and the slathering of wax gives it a rustic finish. I used Folk Art chalk paint that I bought with the gift card for Michaels that my brother gave me for Christmas and Annie Sloan wax leftover from another piece of furniture that I painted three years ago.


As you can see, I had an inspector. The cat loves to help by getting in the way as much as possible. Our Lab kept her shepherded out of the way most of the afternoon. The fella' kept me going with questions and food all afternoon. He is not much into crafting, but he did take the hard drives out of the two non-functional lap tops that we had had stashed on the bottom of this bench. The lap tops will go to the recycling depot and the drives will go to the destruction box where he works.


The bench has been painted, touched up and waxed so now it is curing over night before I take a hairdryer to it to even out the wax coat before I put it back in its place in the living room. The lighting is so poor in our living room that I am waiting until tomorrow to take the final photo. All in all, a day well spent doing things I love to do while casting an eye out the window at the ever changing weather system. I hope that all of you were having as much fun during your Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment