Saturday 5 January 2019

Jan 5/18


The other night when I crawled into bed, I pulled the blankets up and heard a ripping sound. The fabric of the top sheet gave way and created a fair sized hole in the sheet. In the spirit of not garbaging things that can be repaired and getting creative, I may have gone overboard in using the boro technique to repair an inexpensive top sheet that could have just as well been re-purposed as a drop sheet. I dug out some scrap fabric and my embroidery threads that I save from all of the kits that I have done before sitting down and watching a couple of episodes of my current favourite show while playing around with colour and pattern. My photography skills are kind of crap, but you get the idea from this photo. The fella' is out at a camp with the boys tonight otherwise he would be sitting beside me and shaking his head at my efforts to save this bedsheet. I think that it was a wonderful way to spend this rainy Saturday night!

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment