Sunday 17 December 2017

Dec 17/17

I finished the piece on the left tonight. The piece on the right is from the Dimensions kit titled "Cardinal Joy" with 14 count Aida and threads from the kit. The piece on the left is on 28 count white Monaco with some threads from the kit and many others from my scrap thread bag. Now, onto the washing of the pieces tonight before I go to bed and maybe finishing them tomorrow. They will be sent to my longtime penpals who live in Norway and Sweden once I return from my Christmas visit home.


In other news, the puppy has struck again. We are now up to 1 phone card, two pairs of sandals and 1 library book that have been replaced. Fortunately, the librarian was good humoured about it and told me to just buy a replacement copy.


The puppy is most fortunate that she is both cute and amusing as these replacement costs mount! When she is not pestering her big canine sister, she is wrestling with and chasing the cats around the house. Yesterday, she jumped onto the back of a child who was enjoying our recent snow falls at the local sliding hill and took a trip down the hill. What a little card!


I doubt that I will get much more stitching done this week as I try to get ready to head to my mother's for a Christmas visit. There are gifts to wrap, work shifts to get through, gifts to exchange with friends and co-workers, laundry and packing and possibly another visit to the doctor for the results of the repeat chest x-ray that I had done on Saturday. I have pulled a muscle from coughing and 5 weeks later, I still have a very wet, congested cough so my doctor is trying to figure out what the heck is going on. It is frustrating because I am barely able to visit with friends or get more than 1 or 2 things done per day. A close family friend recently had heart surgery and I may not be able to visit with her at the nursing home because of this awful cough. Anyhow, I will recover. I just need to be patient!

Happy stitching and happy holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Those Cardinal Joy pieces are exquisite to my eye, your penpals will surely love them. Sorry to hear your puppy is wrecking havoc, and the librarian was so kind, hopefully he will outgrow that stage soon. I wish you a speedy recovery from your cough and hope it is nothing serious and just a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete