Thursday 19 October 2017

Oct 19/17

My stitching mojo has been making itself known again after two bouts of whatever the heck has hit my system this past month. The fella' was muttering about our house being cursed as a virus felled me on the last leg of our vacation in September. Then, he came down sick two weeks ago, recovering just in time for him to leave for a week long course that involved rappelling and rescue techniques. The day after he left, I came down sick and am still hacking and coughing 9 days later, but I am able to work without feeling like I could just lay down on the floor and sleep which is good because he is now sick enough that he gave me NO resistance when I suggested that he go to the health clinic in the morning. He even called his supervisor to let him know that he would be a bit late in the morning as he was going to the sick parade, or what we civilians call a walk in clinic.

Enough about illness, here is what I have been stitching these past few evenings after the evening stroll with the dog.


This project is a Dimensions kit called "Cardinal Joy" that will make a cute Christmas present for one of my dear friends. She and I met at a concert at the Mess, discovered that we are neighbours and have built a good friendship these past 18 months. We both love doing creative things and she loved the bag I stitched as a gift for her wedding this summer. I think that she will love this little banner.

It is a relief to stitch again and to get my life back after being laid up in bed with the dog so much recently. I also need to get moving on finishing all of the ornaments that are stashed upstairs in the craft room. Finishing is not my favourite part so I always put it off until the last minute. There are so many other fun things to do right now like plan a weekend get away to Prince Edward Island, having friends over for dinner and thinking about how to carve my Halloween pumpkins. The fella' just shakes his head as he listens to all of my plans and like a good sport, he helps me to pick out things to go in the Halloween goody bags and agrees to cook everything after I invite our neighbours over for supper.

Well, I should get my germy self into bed so that I can get a decent amount of rest to face another day at the pharmacy. 

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment