Sunday 23 April 2017

April 23, 2017


Two finishes in one day! I was the first one up this morning so I came downstairs, made some coffee and stitched a maple leaf onto the bib on the right. A few episodes of "Call the Midwife" later, we took the dog to the shores of the Bay of Fundy to run off some of her Lab crazy, as I call it. Maggie was so hyper this morning that she was running around in circles and not listening to any instruction from either of her humans. My fella' dropped me off at the local fabric and craft store on the way home so that I could get some skeins of DMC 632 to match the brown I have been using on the CADPAT. I did not have one of the bibs with me so I could not double check my attempt at matching with my old DMC chart until I walked home. Fortunately, the match was pretty darned close .The dog is now passed out on the floor by my feet as we settle in for a relaxing Sunday afternoon.


Here is another project that has kind of gone a little haywire. A month ago, I bought three packets of tomato seeds and started them on the kitchen window sill. The seeds were all viable, much to my surprise, so now we have more than 100 sprouts growing on three window sills. There are cherry tomatoes, medium sized tomatoes and beefeaters all merrily growing in our kitchen, Friends and family have spoken for some of the plants and I have started digging a bigger tomato patch in the back yard. Eggshells and coffee grounds are being mixed in to enrich this sandy soil to improve our chances at decent tomatoes this summer.

Well, back to my stitching and tv watching. Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment