Thursday 28 January 2021

Jan 28, 2021

Each day when I pick up my thread journal, I open up my box of leftover threads and contemplate the colours in the box. There is no planning of stitch or colour until I open the box and let my mood sort through the colours until I find one that speaks to me. Every time, the perfect colour and stitch comes to me. 

Today's choice took a little while. I woke this morning to the news that my brother's ex-girlfriend had committed suicide. As I contemplated my journal and dug around in the box tonight, I found this bobbin of shiny blue and purple thread that seemed perfect for her. This one is for you, Stef. I hope that you have found the peace that you did not have for so many years here on Earth. Fly high, my friend, and shine bright.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment