Sunday 14 January 2018

Jan 13/18

A quick little project on this wintry night.


I started this late this afternoon and just put the last stitch into the fabric a few moments ago. I used this font again and threads from my scrap bag on a scrap piece of opalescent Lugana. I quite like how the different colours have come together in the lettering on this fabric. Now to decide how to finish these two pieces that I have stitched.

The weather was kind of crazy today with a high of 18C (in January in Canada???) so I spent my afternoon shopping at this amazing yarn shop in the Gaspereau Valley and shampooing dog barf out of the back seat of my car. The yarn shop, Gaspereau Valley Fibres, is a must-see for any one who loves yarn and colour and cool experiences. The shop is in one of the old out buildings of the family farm and is so interesting to visit. There are yarns and finished products displayed all around the main room. Looms are set up to show you how weaving is done on the looms they sell. The woman I spoke with was so keen to share her love of weaving with me and passed on so many helpful ideas on how to get started with the table top loom that I am going to borrow from my mother. If you ever happen to find yourself in Nova Scotia, a trip to Gaspereau Valley Fibres should be on your list of things to do if you have any interest in knitting, weaving, yarn or interesting country road drives. 

The temperatures have been dropping rapidly this evening so we should see the return of winter tomorrow. I think that I would rather have had the precipitation come as snow because the flooding that is going on is scary. Tomorrow will be an icy mess in this part of the country. Fortunately, it is Sunday so we can be lazy and stay home!

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment