Friday 5 January 2018

Jan 5/18

Blogger is agreeing with me tonight so here are the photos that I tried to upload last night. The first wall hanging was done with the contents of the Janlynn kit.


The second one was stitched on a scrap of Monaco that I had in my stash. I could not find a hanger at our local craft shop but they had these painted wooden craft sticks (20 for less than 3 bucks) so I grabbed a bag of the sticks along with some bells.


The kit did not have any backing material and I felt that the hanger looked unfinished without any backing so I slip stitched the hanger to felt that I cut with my new Olfa cutter (so fun!!). The picture does not show the sparkle in the felt very well. I thought that the sparkle, although hidden unless one has flipped over the piece, gave the hanger a fun element.


Cardinals are my favourite birds and I had several pairs at my feeders and gardens when I lived in the neighbouring province of New Brunswick. They are slowly making their way to this area as I have heard that they make regular appearances in the next town over. I have yet to see one here at my feeder although I think that I may have had a female cardinal at the feeder over the weekend. Some people say that seeing a cardinal means that an angel is visiting you. I don't necessarily believe that, but the romantic in me is not quick to discount it either.

Happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very pretty finish, Vee! Cardinals and year-round visitors to my feeder. They are rather territorial so we usually only see a pair at a time but if the weather turns off bad we will get many at once. They are very pretty, all red in the snow.

    ReplyDelete