Tuesday 6 March 2018

Mar 6/18

Not much stitching has been happening around here because I have recovered from my recent brush with the flu to come down with a head cold. I CAN NOT WIN!! I can, however, have a great mail day. The Star Wars book came the other day and the Christmas books arrived today. My pattern stash overfloweth, but all cross stitchers understand the idea that one can never have too many patterns even if there is not even a remote chance that one will be able to stitch them all in this lifetime.


In other news, it is a good thing that I have borrowed a sewing machine from one of my book club friends. I had originally borrowed it to do a little fix job on a dog halter. The puppy decided to surgically remove one side of a zipper out of my new pillow cover so the sewing machine will come in handy to sew this shut since I know nothing about placing and sewing zippers.


We recently decided that we need to take time to reconnect with each other and disconnect from our electronics. It is so easy to veg out on the couch all weekend and tune each other out which has compounded some issues the fella' and I have been having. On Sunday, we put the dogs in the car and headed out to explore some beaches that we have not explored before. We had to use the electronics to get us there, but there is no cell service in many areas along the Bay of Fundy so we were forced to disconnect and focus on our dogs and ourselves. The dogs loved running along the waves that were higher than usual because of the wind and the storm surge.


I hope to get stitching again as soon as my head does not feel like it is stuffed full of cotton wool. Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment