Tuesday 4 July 2017

July 3/17

The heat and the humidity got the best of this afternoon so we headed to the shores of the Bay of Fundy. The thermometer in the car was showing 28C when we pulled out of our driveway and 19C when we left the shore. Craziness! The shore is only 15 minutes drive from our house. Here is a picture to show the highest tides in the world. We were there during low tide this afternoon and these boats were high and dry at the wharf. Right about now at midnight, the tide is probably about halfway out again.


Our house was so warm this evening that I sat outside to read for a while to enjoy the shade and the breeze before coming inside to stitch. The heat got the best of me today, resulting in two naps! We have had such a busy week that the fella' and I flaked out this evening. We have spent all weekend visiting family and friends so it was a relief this evening to not be out visiting and to not have any one here. The fella' has to go back to work in the morning after being off all week for his son's graduation so he fell into bed around 9pm and I am on my way now at midnight after my two naps. I stitched until my eyes and brain gave out on me tonight. This pattern is stitching up nicely and I am loving working with these colours. Making a wee dent in my stash is also a joy to me.


Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment