Tuesday 12 October 2021

Oct 12, 2021

I knew that it had been a while since I have made a blog post so it is, and it is not surprising, that the last entry is dated April 2021. To be frank, COVID has shot the hell out of so much of my life. I have been fortunate enough to not actually be sick from the virus, but it has infected and affected so much of my life. I work in healthcare so there is that. I also moved two provinces away from my family and friends about 6 months before Canada shut down due to COVID. Nineteen months after the country shut down, my mind and body are in desperate need of rest and healing.

This is not the time or place to go into what has been going on in my work and personal life which I fondly refer to as a massive dumpster fire. Just know that my needles and threads have been sitting in the corner, gathering dust. No soap has been made, no decorating done, no neat ideas followed up on until very recently when I took some steps to grab onto some normalcy and health in my life so that I can thrive instead of barely surviving from moment to moment. 

Time marches on. Life goes on. I wish you all health and peace and lots of joyful stitching! My needles and thread have been pulled out of the corner and while not fully joyful yet, creating has begun anew here.

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment