Tuesday 19 February 2019

Feb 19/19

Progress update on the bib:


I was too tired to do much more than stitching on Sunday after a wonderful day on Saturday at a curling bonspiel. Today was a provincial holiday here in Nova Scotia so I could not run my errands today like I usually do so, rubber arm twisted, I stitched! The one errand I could do today was pick up my new passport from the post office (the holiday was provincial, not federal, so federal employees were at work). Considering that I leave for the Dominican Republic on March 2 for a medical and Rotary trip, time was running out for me on the passport renewal which I left to the last minute instead of renewing it last February when it expired.

The weather was cold and calm this afternoon so the dogs and I headed to the Bay of Fundy for our daily walk. They love running on the beach, sniffing all the smells in the tidal pools and in the seaweed. The dogs did not seem to mind the icicles that formed on their bellies and legs from running through the pools and the streams. Those white flecks on Tillie's butt are icicles, but clearly she is not the least bit fazed as she lies in the wet seaweed to catch her breath before chasing after Maggie, our other dog.


Our beaches are cold and rocky here. Walking on these rocks is a balancing act to avoid twisting knees and ankles. I love looking at the rocks to see all their shapes and colours with the hope of seeing sea glass. Sadly, I saw lots of plastic garbage and no sea glass.


The tide was still going out while we explored the beach. The water was so beautifully calm after the wind that has been buffeting this region for days. At one point, we were far enough down the beach that we could not hear anyone else and the quiet was so calming to my soul. The sea air fill my lungs and the joy of watching my dogs run along the shore made me happy. It was a lovely afternoon.


Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment