Monday 12 November 2018

Nov 12/18

Today was not a crafting kind of day here. Today was a "get things done" kind of day here since the fella' was home for the Remembrance Day holiday. He was up on a chair taking down light fixtures and washing them while I tackled some paper work that I had put on the back burner. Light fixtures are clean and fly-free, paperwork is filled out and printed, and the dogs were taken on a lovely walk along the rail trail, on a section that was new to us.

After our walk, I set about on another task that I have been putting off....selling off some of the stash. A few months ago, I had done a very quick skimming through the boxes of patterns in the spare room. My boxes were full of collections of Teresa Wentzler, Paula Vaughn, Lavender & Lace, Mirabilia and so many more. So many patterns that will never get stitched by me! The fella' was grumbling recently about waiting for an appointment with the career manager to see if we stay here in Greenwood or if we move in the next posting season. While the military looks after the move for us, I keep trying to reduce the clutter in this house and selling off those things which I really will never use. Once the dogs were in the door and my jacket was hung up, I headed to the craft room to pick out some patterns to sell and took their pictures for the listings:








               
 
I belong to a facebook group that is for Canadians to buy and sell cross stitch patterns. I had been having some anxiety about whether my patterns would sell, was it worth the effort and would people want to buy from me. Plus, there was a general paralysis about just putting myself out there and getting things done. You can imagine my surprise when I sold 3 patterns within 10 minutes of the listing. The fella' is amused that there are other "me's" out there because he does not understand the affliction.

There are 3 parcels, containing 6 patterns, on the table to be taken to the post office in the morning. Now, I don't expect that all of my patterns will sell so quickly, but I am glad that I made the effort and I will look through my boxes again to cull more patterns.

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment