Sunday 25 November 2018

Nov 25/18

My current philosophy about Christmas is to do a little bit every day and eventually, it will all come together. I stitched away at this ornament yesterday evening. The fella' went to bed early with a headache so I watched the first two episodes of the most recent season of the "Great British Bake-off" and stitched. 


I have been working on more dish cloths as I am thinking of gifting them in bundles of two, one with the variegated holiday yarn and one white cloth. So far, 5 white ones are completed and a sixth is on my needles. The other women at my book club meeting on Friday night were fascinated by watching me knit while we all talked. They found it freaky that I could knit while talking and looking at them because my fingers know this pattern so well now. Truthfully, I found it freaky that they were all watching me so closely! It is interesting to me because I grew up in a rural community where every one knits, sews, quilts, etc. The women in my book club are 15-20 years younger than me and so many of them wish that they knew how to do these things, but have never learned whereas I learned because my mom and her friends were always working on such projects. While I certainly appreciate the convenience of mass produced items, I feel sad that so many people have not known the joy of sewing or knitting or making things by hand. Thoughts from anyone else?


Well, back to hauling laundry to my neighbours' house because our washer is making some warning sounds. Thank goodness for kind neighbours who are allowing me to traipse through their house with my laundry!

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment