Sunday 9 September 2018

Sept 9/18

The back stitching in black has begun. A headache, but not quite a migraine, made stitching a slow process this evening because my brain was working as if it were trying to wade through mud. I persevered despite my headache and stitch by stitch, managed to complete the back stitching on one ornament before putting some stitches onto a second ornament. I also found a section of gold filament that had been overlooked and quickly filled in that section around the mailbox of the top ornament.


I had an idea for the third panel of the triptych that I was working on ages ago. The third panel has languished for lack of inspiration, my failing eyesight and lack of motivation to stitch. My brain was in processing mode as I was driving to work the other day when the idea came to me. The idea involves using various shades of the same colour and creating a cascading kind of effect. Christmas ornaments are a priority at the moment, but I look forward to the third and final step of the triptych.

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I can’t stitch with a headache at all! I hope you’re better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for your concern. Because migraines hit frequently enough at work, I have unfortunately learned how to keep going unless things get really bad (vomiting or confusion). I am my own worst enemy when it comes to not slowing down when I really should stop for a rest.

      Delete