Tuesday 25 September 2018

Sept 25/18

Whew! I am worn out. My day started out with walking Tillie in the woods with some friends and their dogs. Two of us have puppies who are only 1 month apart in age and who have enough energy to power a subdivision. The other dog is 8 years old and much more sedate in her comportment during our walk. I rushed home to grab some lunch before heading to my hair appointment and then the grocery store to pick up a few ingredients to make chicken and rice soup for supper. Soups are a go to for me in the Autumn when the house gets chilly because I refuse to turn on the heat until November and I use tricks like soup and herbal teas to warm up. While the soup was simmering, I made chocolate chip, oatmeal and cranberry cookies. This is the photo I sent the fella' to cheer him up while he was working because he has been hinting for several days that he would really really really like some homemade cookies. Yes, I used my favourite appliance and new family member, the Kitchenaid mixer!


After supper, I took took Maggie, our Black Lab, out for a walk because she stayed home this morning from the walk in the woods. I knew that Tillie would be a maniac with the other puppy so I felt it best that Maggie the Enforcer stay at home. Mags and I took a quick turn around the neighbourhood so that I could get in my 10 000 steps for today. She made sure that she marked her voyage well so that all of the other dogs in the PMQs will know that she had been there. Once I got her unbuckled from her harness and lead, I settled onto the couch to put a few more back stitches into these ornaments. The owl ornament back stitching is about two thirds complete and then my attention will turn to the french knots and the beading. Arthritis in my hands is making my crafting a bit challenging, especially in these damp, cooler days of Autumn. I force myself to keep crafting so that I keep the strength in my fingers, but the ache in several of my fingers makes it challenging. Ah. The joys of aging.


Happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment