Tuesday 21 August 2018

Aug 21/18

Today's adventure in needles and thread had more to do with upcycling than cross stitching. One of my things in life is that I never ever hang a tea towel off the stove handle after learning from my volunteer firefighter brother that it is a major fire hazard. We have been draping the tea towel over the cupboard door under the sink and in the process, ruining the finish on the door. I recently bought some tea towels that had a little tab on them so they could hang off the knobs on the cupboards. Um, where has this been for my adult life and how did I never notice them before??

So, I went through the kitchen linen drawer to find all of my tab-less towels and dug out the ribbon that had been used to wrap my recently purchased towels. I cut the ribbon into short tabs and roughly sewed them on to the towels by hand.


The end result is not super pretty, but I am pleased with being able to recycle and to stop destroying my kitchen cupboard door by ripping off the veneer every time I pull the towel out to use it. Some of my tea towels should be relegated to the rag pile as they are wretchedly stained thanks to someone else in this house who uses them to mop up whatever mess he has made because it is too difficult to reach into the sink for a dish cloth. Grrrrr!!!


Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment