Sunday 22 July 2018

July 22/18

The oppressive heat and humidity that has been blanketing our region was made worse today by the intermittent showers. I should have been smart enough to stay indoors with the dogs, but I was determined to clean up a few things in the yard today. The Weather Network said that the temperature was 27C with a humidex of 39C while I was out weeding and poop scooping in between rain showers. Now, I know that some of you live in parts of the world where such temperatures are the norm, but this is too much for this Canuck! My favourite temperature range is 15-25C as I can wear shorts and it is not too hot to be outside. I keep hoping that a big thunderstorm will roll through soon to break up this weather so that I can turn off the air conditioners and open all the windows.


I spent the evening in front of the air conditioning, stitching on these Christmas ornaments and  hanging out with my dog, Maggie. Our puppy overheats easily and Maggie is a black Lab so the recent hot and muggy weather has found them indoors more than not which is highly unusual for them as they love being outside. Maggie is currently asleep beside me, directly in front of the draft coming from the air conditioning.

Well, back to putting a few more stitches into these ornaments before I fall into bed.

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment