Friday 28 July 2017

July 28/17

Despite my exhaustion tonight, I was determined to finish the cross stitching part of this ornament. Sleep deprivation thanks to peri-menopause and a scent-induced migraine knocked me sideways today to the point that I am exhausted, but I am waiting for my brain to slow down after a whirlwind of a day at work. I must have sounded a bit nuts this morning on the phone because one of my favourite doctors in the building said, "You do good work" after he called in some refills for his patients. So, the cross stitching is done. The back stitching may happen this weekend.



Here is my belated TUSAL contribution for this month:

I only empty the jar when it is full so there are more than a month's worth of orts in the jar which may not be fully in the spirit of the TUSAL. I like watching the different layers of colours as they reveal themselves as time goes along. There is also a little of perverse pleasure in seeing how many DMC floss sleeves end up in the jar because they mean that yet another skein has been stitched up.

Here is a photo of our cat, Strong, to give you a giggle. She likes to sit on this chest so that she can keep an eye on our other cat, Pebbles. Everything else in this house has cat hair on it so why should the tennis rackets be spared?


No comments:

Post a Comment