Friday 19 May 2017

May 19/17

Well, no stitching progress worth showing as my stitching mojo has gone away this week. My dear cat Penelope passed on Tuesday morning. She had refused food and water for about 24 hours and was so weak that she could not get up off the bed where we slept together on Monday night. I spent Tuesday cleaning up the basement of her bed and other Miss P items and generally let myself grieve her passing. Wednesday was spent getting ready for the arrival on Thursday of friends of ours from Maine and then last night was spent entertaining them before they left for Halifax this morning. I hope to put in a few stitches over the weekend, but I will see how it goes. It feels so weird to not being going downstairs multiple times a day to attend to Miss P and it feels so weird to go downstairs to do the laundry without her being there to rub up against my leg to say hello.

Happy Victoria Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment