Sunday 30 April 2017

April 30, 2017


Wow! I have really slowed down on the blogging as it has been a week since my last post. My stitching drive has slowed down as well, thanks in part to some tough days at work and an arthritic knee that has decided to be a pain in my.........knee. I am gaining a new appreciation as to how pain can tire a person out and I just have arthritis in my knees! The bib is CADPAT bib number three. I posted a picture of a completed one on Facebook to get some feedback from my friends and the response was quite favourable so hopefully I can sell a few as I had hoped!

The warmer weather has arrived and today was a great Spring day here on the East Coast of Canada. We cleaned up the yard, emptied out and reorganized the shed and I dug up more area for our many tomato plants. My fella' checked over the lawn mower and made it ready to mow the grass that has burst out the ground this past week with the lovely Spring rain. I took the dog for a run on the woods trails and she spent the rest of the afternoon like this:
I guess being out in the yard all afternoon and a rip around the trails wore her out! Now, if we could only convince her that she loves baths because she stinks like the swamps she ran through this afternoon.

So, today I dove into the boxes that hold my patterns and kits because I was looking for some booklets on origami that were given to me by my grandmother. A friend of mine wants to do origami in her classroom so I offered to lend her my books. Somehow, I had forgotten just how many patterns and supplies I have managed to collect over the years until I started going through those boxes. Those boxes are like the last frontier of de-cluttering in this house so my next project is to go through the boxes and sell off some of the patterns are realistically never going to get done. I recently joined a group called Stash Unload that seems like it could be a good site to use to sell some of my patterns once I decide which ones to part with.

Happy Spring and happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment