Sunday 5 February 2017

February 5, 2017


Apparently, I am not the only person who is fascinated by orts. I came across this blog and post today while I was blog surfing. The idea of the TUSAL (totally useless stitch a long) made me giggle because every stitcher creates orts and every stitcher can participate in a TUSAL. Here is my contribution to the TUSAL as of 5 minutes ago, a little mason jar that has served me well for many years. I stash orts, fabric ends and various stitching detritus in there, including a piece of popcorn this time!

There has been some stitching today in between ice skating on a local pond and now I am on my way out to let our dog run free on the golf course. What a lovely Sunday!


Mitten number five has been mostly completed today. The backstitching is the only hing left to do and will have to wait until tomorrow as my fingers are starting to hurt. Of course, this pattern comes from pinterest. The ort jar is about to be emptied and the scrap thread back is getting lighter as each piece is stitched. Win-win in my books!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am keen to see what vessels other stitchers use and why.

      Delete