Monday 3 December 2018

Dec 3/18

Yesterday was "I HAVE TO GET THESE ORNAMENTS DONE!!!" day in our house. They have to go in the mail this week if there is to be any hope of them arriving at their destinations on time between the calendar showing December and the aftermath of the Canada Post rotating strikes in recent months. I had a slow start to the day thanks to a head cold virus that saw me up early only to take a nap at noon. After my nap, the supplies and tools were dug out, the fabrics ironed and everything was spread out on the table so that I could begin. My little helper was removed from the table several times only to return a short while later to check on my progress.


This group was completed by supper time.


This group was completed by midnight. Once I was in the groove, I just could not stop even though my eyes were protesting and my back was letting me know that the kitchen chair was getting uncomfortable. There were a few mistakes like a ribbon being sewed in backwards and a few ribbons not being centred properly. Overall though, I am pleased that I managed to get anything done this year. These will be gifted to family and friends this holiday season.


Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment