Sunday 18 August 2019

August 18/19

So many things have happened over the past 2.5 months that I barely know where to begin. We packed up and moved from Nova Scotia to Ontario with our critters in tow, I have been looking for a job in Ottawa and we have been busy enjoying time with our families who live in the Ottawa area. We have also been getting to know our neighbours and our neighbourhood, checking out the essentials like the grocery stores, banks and take out food! The dogs and I have been out finding new routes to walk and parks where they can run free with other dogs.

I have been creating lots of stitches, thanks to knitting dish cloths, but no cross stitch until yesterday. Friends of ours are expecting their first baby in September so I pulled out a crib quilt kit that I had in my stash and started stitching away. 


Stamped cross stitch is not really my thing, but these crib quilts look so cute when they are done and they are so well received by the new parents so I keep buying them and stitching them up. Being unemployed at the moment is giving me lots of time to work on projects like this quilt although I now do all the housework since the fella' has started back to work (we came to Ottawa for his job). My library card is also getting a work out now that I have founded a book club here and I am trying to become much better read. A new chapter is being started on so many levels!

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment